Thursday, May 31, 2012

There's a WHAT in my HOUSE!!

After our nice relaxing weekend at the lake, we spent Monday finishing up our sheet rock in the garage and doing other jobs around the house. We got a ton of stuff accomplished but still have so much to do before we have my Grandma's birthday open house at our home in less than two weeks!!
While we were getting settled in to watch some tv before bed, my worst nightmare came true.  A BAT started flying around our heads in the living room!!! I was so freaked out!! At first Matt was trying to tell me it was just a moth but than he started to freak out because he got a good look at it and it was no moth!

Matt ran out to the garage and got the closest thing he could find to try and hit it with...a rake. In the meantime I was hiding under my blanket on the couch screaming and crying because it kept circling by my head!! Once Matt got up the stairs I bolted downstairs as fast as a could to get away from the bat. I went in to check on Layne who had woke up now and was asking what was going on. I told him that there was a bat in the house and he just shrugs it off like no big deal. (I'm glad he wasn't as freaked out as I was!!)

After a few minutes I decided to slowly go back upstairs and see if Matt got the bat yet. Sadly He hadn't. Matt ended up calling Animal Control but they were not available so they sent a County Sheriff to help us out. While we waited for the Sheriff, Matt made me help him keep looking for the bat in our room. I was so freaked out that this bat was going to come out again I was shaking. ( I don't really think I was much help.) When the Sheriff arrived, they tore our bedroom apart trying to find it. They ended up finding the bat in our closet on one of the shelves. It was a good size bat too. The wingspan measured about 10 inches!!

I'm just so relieved that the bat is now out of the house!!! I'm so thankful the Sheriff came to our rescue and got the bat out!!

2 comments:

  1. Scary though it was in the moment, it makes for an awesome blog post!

    Glad you're all okay. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds scary! My friend had two bats in her house and one night I saw a bat flying around my house at dusk. Luckily I haven't had one in my house. Though a bird came down the chimney once and both my Shih-Tzus were very curious about it. LOL. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. Have a great weekend! Debra@FitandFab365

    ReplyDelete