Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crockpot recipes

I've been obsessed with my crockpots for a while now. I love the ease and conveince of using them. I thought I would share a couple of my favorite recipes...

Venison Stroganoff

3 cans of cream of chicken or mushroom soup ( Usually use two cream of mushroom and one cream of chicken but it doesn't really matter)

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup water

1 envelope onion soup mix

2 lbs Venison roast cut into chunks

Combine all ingredients into crockpot add venison. stir until well coated. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over egg noodles.

Venison Stroganoff is amazingly good. I'm not to big of a fan of dear meat but this is so good and they meat is nice a moist.. not dry at all!! My son even loves this!! You could add a can of mushrooms to this as well. ( I just don't like mushrooms!!)

I linked this post up here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I was just browsing through recipes from Kelly's Korner. I actually have this exact thing in my crock pot right now! Thought I'd say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Kelly's Korner. Always looking for good (and tasty!) Venison recipes. My husband and father are avid deer hunters and I need good recipes for all of the meat they bring home.
    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete